A dish that harks back to the olden days when the royals set out for their annual months-long shikar. Yes, that is how Junglee Maans gets its name. A lip-smacking lamb recipe with red chillies forming the base ingredient since it was prepared outdoors and the hunting entourage typically carried only a few, practical ingredients.
So, how do you prepare Janglee Maans? The secret to cooking this dish is by adopting the low flame cooking method. With minimal ingredients, Junglee Maans subverts that equation by delivering a toothsome fare. It packs a flavour potent enough to blow your mind. This is your dish and if you want to try preparing it, here’s a step-by-step Junglee Maans recipe.
Lamb Curry Cut- 500 gm
Ghee- 5 Tblspn
Salt to taste
Water- 750 Mltr
Whole Red Chilies (Soaked Overnight) to taste
1. Heat the pressure cooker, add ghee.
2. Add the whole red chilies.
3. Add Lamb, coriander and salt to taste.
4. Sauté until light brown.
5. Add water and let it boil.
6. Seal with the lid, pressure cook.
7. Reduce the flame to medium after 1st whistle.
8. Cook for 3 more whistles and rest until steam finishes.